We last heard about this update in June, but the rumored dates came and went. This morning, we finally heard more news.
Sadly it’s not an OTA update, but the manual install is not as complicated as one may think. Two of our staff members (Angie and Justin) completed the process successfully and are now rocking some fresh Gingerbread on their G2x devices. Beware, root users, as it seems this update will get rid of root access. You may want to wait until developers take it apart and make a work-around for you.
InstructionsIf you’re still willing to manually update to Gingerbread, follow the instructions below.
1. Head over to LG’s Mobile Support site and download the drivers (if you haven’t yet).
2. Also, download the LG Mobile Support Tool (from the same site).
3. Run the LG Mobile Support Tool.
4. Connect your device to your PC.
5. Download the update (178 MB).
6. Follow instructions and let the tool do its magic!
7. That’s it! You now have Gingerbread.
Share on Facebook
Add This To Del.icio.us
Add to Technorati