CM9 is popular for bringing pure android experience with lots of customization's without any bloatware. The most significant thing is this ROM does not include Google apps. In this post we are going to show you how to install a CyanogenMod 9 experimental version in your Galaxy Note g GT-N7000.
This process is not risky, It is quite simple to flash a custom ROM on galaxy note, but if anything goes wrong, your device can get bricked. So I and Androidcampus Does not take any responsibility for the cause, but don't worry nothing is going to happen if all steps are followed correctly
- Require rooted permission. If not rooted google it how to root galaxy note
- Install a Clockwork Mod recovery. Its a easy process just Google it you will get it
- This ROM work only Galaxy Note GT-N7000.
Start installing CyanogenMod 9 (CM9) ROM on Galaxy Note GT-N7000.
When you use Clockwork Mod recovery, "Volume keys" use for navigation and "Power button" use for selection/enable.
- Installing a new custom ROM, will be wipe all the data on your device's internal memory. So that backup and sync everything that you want.
- Download latest version of CM9 in the XDA developer site official thread in here.
- Download essential Google apps that in stock ROM in here. and download "CyanogenMod 9.0.x" zip file (CM9 doesn't have any Google's android app, such as market apps, gmail, etc).
- Connect your device into your computer via USB cable.
- Move above downloaded files to your phone SD card.
- Power off your Galaxy note.
- Enable bootloader mode, to do that simultaneously hold the volume down key and the power button.
- Navigate to the "Clockworkmod recovery (CWM)" using volume key and press power button, for boot with CWM.
- Navigate to the "Backup and Restore>Backup".
- Go to "wipe data/factory>Delete All".
- Go to the "Wipe the Cache partitions > Wipe cache partition".
- In the clockwork mod main menu navigate to the "Install ZIP from SD card>Choose form SD card" select download CyanogenMod 9 in your SD card.
- Select "Yes Install /xxx/xxx.zip"
- After successfully installed the ROM you will receive a confirmation message.
- Now install Google apps package, to do that follow 12th step and select "gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip" file
- After successfully installed Go back to the CWM main menu and reboot the device.
- That's all.
Share on Facebook
Add This To Del.icio.us
Add to Technorati