Micromax is set to release its latest smartphone, the Canvas 5, later this month or earlier next year. If rumours are to be believed, the Micromax Canvas 5 is deemed to be the costliest handset from Micromax, and will go head to head on all features offered by international vendors. The Canvas 5 would be priced approximately at Rs. 20,000, higher than Canvas 4, which was priced at Rs. 17,999. It would have features similar to Samsung Galaxy S4, and might feature the MediaTek MT6592 octa-core CPU.
Going by the rumours, here are some of the features of Micromax Canvas 5, for our readers:
- The Micromax Canvas 5 will come in two basic colours – black and white.
- Canvas 5 will be equipped with a 5-inch full-HD AMOLED screen with a resolution of 1920 X 1080.
- The Gorilla Glass protection makes the glass scratch-resistant and ensures that the screens are waterproof and dust resistant as well, like we have witnessed earlier in Sony range of Xperia smartphones.
- Canvas 5 will be embedded with the fastest processor available on Micromax smartphones till date, the Octa core processor. The Canvas 4 on the other hand, like other recent smartphones, featured a quad core processor.
- Canvas 5 will boast the Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean), the most updated operating system (OS) at hand and is an upgrade from the Canvas 4, which had Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean.
- Like the other smartphones flooding the market, Canvas 5 will also have a dual SIM facility.
- Canvas 5 is expected to have a 3 GB RAM, which is a marked progress when compared to the Canvas 4 with 1 GB RAM, and continuing on from the Canvas Turbo’s 2 GB.
- The inbuilt memory of Canvas 5 is said to be approximately 32GB and expandable up to 64GB.
- Considering the latest features this handset is designed to be embedded with, it will be quite lightweight (approximately 150 gm).
- The 3000 mAh battery of Canvas 5 would ensure longer battery life and uninterrupted usage as compared to Canvas 4, which had a 2000 mAh battery.
- Canvas 5 like its earlier model, Micromax Canvas 4, has dual camera with similar features. Canvas 5 also has a 13 MP primary camera with LED flash light. On the other hand, the secondary camera for video calling is of 5 MP.
- The handset supports both 4G and 3G networks. It supports Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n similar to that in Canvas 4.
If the rumours are to be believed, the Micromax Canvas 5 has upgraded features and components, be it in terms of display, storage capacities et al. These specifications are compatible with any high end smartphones available on the market like the Samsung S4 as mentioned earlier. However, such features are unattainable in any other smartphone at such low prices. It does look like the Canvas 5 is a viable next generation handset that its customers will love to own.
Share on Facebook
Add This To Del.icio.us
Add to Technorati